Cannulated Cancellous Screw
- Introducing our high-quality Cannulated Cancellous Screw 6.5 mm, designed to provide optimal performance and stability in orthopedic procedures.
- Crafted with precision, our Cannulated Cancellous Screw is engineered to meet the demanding requirements of bone fixation. Its 6.5 mm diameter ensures excellent structural integrity and strength, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
- The cannulated design of the screw offers a range of benefits. It allows for simplified insertion and precise placement, minimizing trauma to the surrounding tissues. The hollow core facilitates effortless guidance using guide wires, ensuring accurate alignment during surgical procedures. This enhances surgical efficiency and reduces the risk of potential complications.
- The screw is manufactured using high-quality titanium material, ensuring biocompatibility , durability and longevity. Its corrosion-resistant properties provide assurance of long-term performance, promoting successful bone healing and patient recovery.
- Our Cannulated Cancellous Screw 6.5 mm is accompanied by a comprehensive set of instrumentation, enabling surgeons to perform procedures with confidence and ease. The instrumentation set includes specialized tools for efficient drilling, tapping, and screw insertion, ensuring a seamless surgical experience.
- Click on Uses to know more about indication. Click on Specification to know more about it's features. See below for avilable sizes.
- Fracture Fixation :The 6.5 mm cannulated cancellous screw is often used for fracture fixation in cancellous bone, which is softer and less dense than cortical bone. It provides stability and compression in fractures such as distal radius fractures, ankle fractures, or femoral neck fractures.
- Screw Fixation in Osteoporotic Bone :Osteoporotic bone, characterized by reduced bone density and strength, may require special fixation techniques. The 6.5 mm cannulated cancellous screw can be utilized for screw fixation in osteoporotic bone to enhance stability and prevent implant pullout.
- Arthrodesis : Arthrodesis is a surgical procedure that fuses two bones together to treat joint instability or severe joint pain. The 6.5 mm cannulated cancellous screw can be used in arthrodesis procedures, such as subtalar or ankle arthrodesis, to provide stable fixation during the bone fusion process.
- Bone Graft Fixation : When performing bone grafting procedures, where bone material is transferred from one site to another, the 6.5 mm cannulated cancellous screw can be used to secure the bone graft in place and promote proper healing and integration.
- Fixation in Nonunion : Nonunion refers to a condition where a fracture fails to heal properly. In cases of nonunion, the 6.5 mm cannulated cancellous screw can be utilized as part of a revision surgery to stabilize the fracture site and promote bone healing.
- Diameter : The 6.5 mm cannulated cancellous screw has a diameter of 6.5 mm. This diameter is designed to match the specific requirements of cancellous bone fixation.
- Cannulated Design : The screw has a cannulated design, meaning it has a hollow center. The cannulated design allows for the insertion of a guide wire and facilitates accurate placement during surgery. It also enables irrigation and bone grafting through the screw if necessary.
- Thread Pattern : The screw features a specific thread pattern designed for cancellous bone fixation. The threads are typically coarse and widely spaced, providing excellent purchase and pull-out resistance in the softer cancellous bone.
- Self-Tapping : The 6.5 mm cannulated cancellous screw is often self-tapping, meaning it has cutting flutes along the threads. This design allows for easier insertion into the bone without the need for pre-drilling.
- Length Options : The screw is available in various length options to accommodate different patient anatomies and surgical needs. The length can range from several centimeters to accommodate different bone depths and fracture patterns.