Proximal Humerus Plate (ASLP)
3.5 mm Philos Plate
- Introducing our innovative Proximal Humerus Plate ASLP (Angle Stable Locking Plate), also known as the Philos Plate , a cutting-edge solution designed to address fractures and injuries of the proximal humerus with exceptional precision and stability.
- The Proximal Humerus Plate ASLP is a state-of-the-art implant meticulously engineered to provide optimal fixation and promote efficient healing of fractures in the upper arm's proximal region. Crafted with utmost care and precision, this plate is made from high-quality materials, ensuring durability and biomechanical compatibility with the humerus bone.
- The Proximal Humerus Plate ASLP, or Philos Plate features a versatile design that allows for customizable adaptation to a wide range of fracture patterns and patient anatomies. Its anatomically contoured shape conforms seamlessly to the proximal humerus, facilitating proper alignment and load distribution for enhanced healing potential.
- The plate incorporates a combination of locking and non-locking screw options, offering surgeons unparalleled versatility during the surgical procedure. Locking screws provide angular stability and promote optimal fixation, while non-locking screws allow for compression at the fracture site, aiding in the alignment and healing process.
- Furthermore, the Proximal Humerus Plate ASLP boasts a low-profile design, minimizing soft tissue irritation and the risk of impingement in surrounding structures. This thoughtful design element promotes patient comfort and reduces the likelihood of post-operative complications.
- The plate's implantation procedure is performed with the utmost care and precision by experienced surgeons. It is accompanied by a comprehensive set of specialized instruments, meticulously designed to facilitate accurate placement, minimize surgical trauma, and optimize patient outcomes.
- Click on Uses to know more about indication. Click on Specification to know more about it's features. See below for avilable sizes.
- Proximal Humerus Fracture Fixation: The primary indication for the Proximal Humerus Plate (ASLP) is to stabilize and fixate proximal humerus fractures. It provides stable fixation and helps maintain proper alignment of the fractured bone fragments, promoting bone healing.
- Comminuted Fractures: The Proximal Humerus Plate (ASLP) is particularly useful in managing complex proximal humerus fractures with comminution, where the bone is broken into multiple pieces. It provides stability and support for the fragmented bone segments.
- Osteoporotic Bone: The Proximal Humerus Plate (ASLP) is designed to provide enhanced stability and fixation in osteoporotic bone, making it a suitable choice for proximal humerus fractures in patients with reduced bone density and strength.
- Revision Surgery: In cases where initial fracture fixation has failed or complications have arisen, the Proximal Humerus Plate (ASLP) can be used in revision surgeries. It offers an alternative option for stabilizing the fracture and promoting bone healing.
- Proximal Humerus Tumor Resection:In cases where there are tumors or lesions in the proximal humerus requiring surgical intervention, the Proximal Humerus Plate (ASLP) can be used to provide stability and support following tumor resection or bone grafting procedures.
- Material:The Proximal Humerus Plate (ASLP) is typically made of a high-quality, biocompatible material titanium. These materials provide strength, durability, and compatibility with the human body.
- Design:The plate features a specialized anatomical design that is contoured to fit the proximal humerus bone's shape. This design allows for proper placement and optimal contact with the bone surface, enhancing stability and promoting bone healing.
- Locking Screw System: The ASLP incorporates a locking screw system, where the plate has threaded holes that allow for the insertion of locking screws. This system provides enhanced stability by creating a fixed-angle construct and minimizing screw loosening.
- Plate Size and Variations: The Proximal Humerus Plate (ASLP) is available in different sizes and variations to accommodate various patient anatomies and fracture patterns. The plate's length, width, and curvature may vary, allowing the surgeon to select the most appropriate size for the specific case.
- Screw Options:The ASLP comes with a variety of screw options, including cortical screws and locking screws. Cortical screws are used for traditional screw fixation, while locking screws engage with the plate's locking mechanism, providing added stability and resistance to screw backout.